Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Walk to Remember

On the 28th of March, the Department of Audiology & Speech Sciences held their annual dinner at Dynasty Hotel to commemorate the Earth Hour (not!). The third year students, by tradition, were responsible to organize the dinner to celebrate the fourth years. Despite the time schedule being really hectic and tight, I made the effort to make myself gorgeous for the night. And so the chronology of events was as followed:

1. The dress : I planned to use the dress I already have but alter it a bit to make it more glam. I assigned my talented sister-in-law in February to do beading on my dress. Alas, she was busy, and the design she initially made could not be completed in time, so she redid a simple design.

Sad. But what to do...

2. The scarf : I together with Nora followed my boyfriend to Kuala Terengganu to attend his colleague's wedding. Whilst there, I scavenged for the perfect scarf, based on the magazine Pengantin. It was difficult. In the end I just bought a cheap one which I didn't even wear on the night itself. Instead, I wore the more merelip (glittery) one that I bought in Maju Junction with Mer and Miha. Yay.

But sad because our pictures during our shopping trip were accidentally deleted. Sorry Mer and Miha!

3. The gloves : Oh, the drama that entailed in the quest for the satin gloves! Searched for it in OU, MidValley and lastly Sg Wang. Supposed to go with boyfriend, but then a misunderstanding occurred, and so I went alone. Searched for about 20 minutes and found it! On the way back home, tried it on and it was too big! Went with Miha and Mer around the Sogo area to alter it, but no shop could provide the service. The next day went back to Bukit Bintang to fix it, and yay, success! ;)

Was quite worth it, wearing the gloves glammed up my dress, and even Prof Siti said I looked like Saloma wearing it. I loike! ;p

4. The shoes : Since I did not feel like spending a lot for the dinner, I just improvised my black shoes by putting purple brooch on each shoe.

Nice and creative, isn't it?

5. The make-up : I went all the way to Klang to get 'professional' help from Cik Farah Wirda. She did an excellent job, I tell you! Her transformation made me to the top 5 finalists for the Queen of the Night. Too bad I didn't win.

Nevertheless, the Klang trip was worth it. I heart you Kak Farah!

6. The clutch : I borrowed Mak's clutch! She bought it for Ari's wedding, and I actually specifically based my choice of colours with that clutch.

Another cost-saving tactic success ;p




The preparation went well and when the night came, va-va-voom, voila, a beautiful me :) hehe. The dinner was, not that bad, but the night was more memorable as I had my partner besides me. Dynasty Hotel was not a good choice, but I had to give the juniors credit for their effort. I liked the butterfly bracelet though.

And to think, it's my final dinner as an undergraduate... Oh well, life moves on.

OK, next!

3 comments:

nazri said...

wuwuwuw..
nad in purplez..haha..

daydreambeliever said...

nad...nmpk cntk..
=)

Nadirah Mannan said...

thanks fad :D

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...