Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Bad Start to a Good End :)

Seriously, I initially thought I was going to have the worst day of my life. On my final research presentation day at that. Huh.

I woke up late, with my script for my presentation still unfinished. I actually woke up to a dream of me being asked regarding Spatial Release of Masking (SRM, a term in audiology). I had no idea what it was in the dream! I woke up distressed. Thank God it was only a dream. With my red pen still in hand, I straight-away continued writing my script.

Which made me being more late to get ready to go to college. Good thing I ironed my outfit the night before, my lovely turquoise batik. Had a somewhat-scrambled egg (Sorry Mak, you were not at your best ;p) hurriedly only to be greeted with rain outside. Mak sent me to the car, but then we went back in to get my cute umbrella (Fit gave me, made in Japan baby!) only to find out it's with my brother's girlfriend. Got back into the car, it was low on petrol, putting me on the edge of my nerves. As I reversed my car, it almost hit 1. my mom's Mazda; 2. the brick wall. I tried to move up, but with the rain, the tyres were slippery, and were just squealing instead of moving. I literally screamed inside the car, and cried. A little. Tearfully I tried reversing and made it without a scratch.

As I squealed off towards the highway, I calmed myself down, reciting some Quran verses. And then I entered into the slow traffic. Great. I haven't even finished my script! I kept on reciting under my breath, to sooth myself. Yet, the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't go away.

When I reached there, I waited anxiously for my turn. The presenter before me had a lot of negative comments, making me extra nervous. When it was my turn to present, the shiver in my words was hard not to be missed. I was pretty uncomfortable, not liking how the microphone and mouse were placed. Nevertheless, I had my script, and after a while I grew more confident, I think.



When I finished, the speech sciences lecturer said she enjoyed my presentation and my supervisor commented and acknowledged my effort. It put me on high. The best part was, during the Q&A session for the presenter after me, another speech sciences lecturer praised my presentation and said sorry for not telling me earlier. How cool was that?

My friends congratulated me and even said my outfit was gorgeous. I was in eternal bliss :) Momentarily, before tiredness crawled into me after lunch. I could barely open my eyes for the afternoon session!

Much appreciation and compliments to Mak for letting me use her working space for the weekend, my parents for praying for me, Dr. Siti for replying my texts!, Suriya for always being on YM when I needed her, Faiz for your patience, support, KFC treat (:P) and helping me out with the presentation animation and Mas, Fit for the wishes. You guys rock :)

2 comments:

sparkling said...

wah.hectic gile hidup final year ni.

gud luck dear.

小蟲 said...

haha..hw come u wil dream of my thesis topic??=p

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...