Saturday, April 4, 2009

An Ethical Dilemma

Recently, final year Audiology & Speech Sciences students were assigned to present an ethical dilemma.

My group videotaped the dilemma, acted out by our very own group members.



Here's the video. Do let me know if you have any feedback regarding the dilemma :D



There are two dilemmas:

1. The ENT Doctor is the boss of the Audiologist. So the Audiologist needs to oblige to the ENT Doctor who is the Head of the Department. But then, he won't be on the good side of his boss.

2. The Audiologist is compromising patient's realistic benefits from cochlear implant if he follows the Doctor's orders.

2 comments:

nazri said...

ethic problem die kat mana ye cik nadirah?masa doctor tu disturb audiologist tu tgh check patient atau masa patient tu datang mintak explanation..hehe..btw,Q&A.. knapa dgn patient tu?die tak sesway u apa?

Anonymous said...

cool vid

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...