Tuesday, March 10, 2009

De-stressing Hearing with Foot Massage

Is that even possible? To de-stress your hearing with just a foot massage?

Not really.

But I did learn something new from the complimentary foot massage I had with Faiz in True Spa, Jaya 33.

For all who have yet to know, our feet reflects the organs of our body. So as the therapist massages our feet, she/he can know whether you are sick/in pain/stressful/full of gas/etc.

She mentioned that the big toe is the head, the next two are the eyes and the other two are the ears. What intrigued me was that she could know whether someone is deaf by just massaging the feet.

Unbelievable?

Yes, because it's not even remotely possible. As I probe further, clarifying from her, she admitted that it wasn't exactly like she could screen a person's hearing with the massage. She said that the ears are something like the medium, because hearing is temporary, but the internal reaction towards what we hear that causes stress inside us, resulting in our feelings, emotions and speech production. For example, I heard something that provokes me; the provoking unnecessarily causes stress to the whole body, so it was advisable to not cause stress by saying something nice or behaving nicely in return, and then reflectively our body will be calm and de-stressed. According to the therapist-lah.

Therefore, not exactly a new discovery of a physical hearing assessment, hehe.



Nevertheless, it was an enjoyment for me as a first-timer. Definitely recommending my parents to go there. The awesome view from the top was a definite plus too!

1 comment:

sallehuddin said...

wah.menarik juga ya rahsia2 badan ini.

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...