Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thesis Progress Presentation

If I need to describe it in one word: SUCCESS! :) (in the tone of that cartoon character, Dexter, hihi)
To quote my head of department, 'Well done, Nadirah.'
The Dynamic Duo of EduLink excelled once again, hehe.
Okay, enough of the bragging. Although I was praised, there were feedbacks as well from the lecturers.
Apparently, some of my lecturers are within the age range of 50 - 60 years old, which is my target population, which I sometimes refer as the elderly. They didn't like it. They didn't like to be referred as the elderly. Touchy much, hehe. So I need to always just say 'older adults' instead.
I need to review back the literature i used to support my thesis. I need to consider the age range of those studies. 50 - 60 year old is not the same as a 70 - 80 year old. Quoting Prof Kosta, 'In the Europe, 50 is the new 30, and 60 is the new 40'. Erm, yeah.
I need to refine my reference writing skills, apparently there's much to learn on the conventional way of referring journals.
My co-supervisor was concerned whether I have any problems in getting subjects. Proudly I explained on how my family members are very much involved so yeah, it's all good.
Basically nothing much, now need to focus on other presentations and clinical exams! Am freaking out here, people!

2 comments:

Masy R. said...

congrates buddy =)

Melodie Walker said...

Success can really be the word to describe something like that! Well, I think it would also be good to acknowledge all the people who help with thesis writing even as some can be a motivation or inspiration for people to improve and strive in their journey.

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...