Friday, October 3, 2008

Testing 1,2,3...


Campus S transmitter

EduLink receiver

I started my research! :)
My parents were the first two subjects. First, I did the diagnostic tests: Pure Tone Audiometry, Tympanometry and Acoustic Reflex test to check their hearing levels and auditory pathways (which proven that they are totally eligible to be my subjects, I am so proud of them!); Double Dichotic Digit Test to find out their ear advantage scores and proceeded with the testing on the benefits of EduLink.

the setup

the subject seats here

the tester's small, cute seat

For that, I needed to find their speech perception scores in noise without them wearing EduLink; wear it on the right ear; on the left ear; and on both ears.
My father was supportive all the way just following what I asked him to. Not to say my mother was not supportive, but i could see she was sceptical most of the time, INITIALLY, but then she got the hang of it and was fully cooperative.
The testing procedure was pretty straightforward. I was on a roll until my friend's mother came. I performed the diagnostic tests, and the results were not I wanted. She couldn't be my subject. I was dejected. I called up everyone that I could think of who is still in KL, but they were all busy with raya preparations. So I only managed to get two so far.
But, the best thing about raya is, I managed to collect more subjects when I went visiting! So yay for me, can't wait to get more results! :)
Anyone who has relatives or friends whom you think would not mind being my subject, please, please contact me. Refer to post 'Looking for Subjects' for more details.

P/s: Selamat Hari Raya everyone!

No comments:

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...