Thursday, October 16, 2008

Out of Luck

I was all pumped out to shift into full gears for Wednesday, 15th Oct. I booked that date among my friends early, about 5 days before. I had 4 confirmed subjects coming and more to reconfirm.

But that was last Saturday.

On Sunday it all crashed down on me.

I'm down with chicken pox. I was given MC for a week.

I cried and cried and cried.

I bawled my eyes out.

When I discovered the red spots all over my body, my mother asked me, 'Why are you crying? It's only chicken pox.'

In my tears, 'I have two presentations and I have appointments to do my thesis this week. Next week I have to present my thesis progress. How am I going to do all that now? This is really not a good time to be sick. This is not a good time to get chicken pox.'

My mother laughingly said, 'Then go to them (your lecturers), and say, "I have chicken pox. What do you want me to do?"'

I retorted, 'It's not funny, Mak' and continued drying my tears out.

The next day, my face and whole body was full with red spots and it keeps spurting by the hour. It was really gross.

One of my subject who was yet to reconfirm before agreed to come on Wednesday to total the subjects at 5. Unhappily I cancelled him. 5 more could not make it on Wednesday and 1 more just kept silent. It didn't matter anymore. It's not like I could do the test anyway.

I told my thesis-mate to proceed with hers on Wednesday but alas, bad luck seems to pass around; the HINT (Hearing in Noise Test) box that we needed to test the subjects is broken. The technician came today and said they (the company) have to send to the US to repair since they don't have the expertise (how dependent are we?).

Good news is, they'll lend us one for temporary use, but the bad news is, they don't know how soon they can give it to us.

With only a few days before progress presentation, I wonder what can we present with little amount of data??

I think it's the curse of the HINT rooms. They don't like to 'shift places'. Or someone 'kacau' the spirit inside the room. What do you think?

Haha. I'm just joking, I don't believe in those kind of things, and mind you, I also don't believe in luck. I guess 'dah tak ada rezeki'. Plus, a certain si kacak always say to me, 'sakit pengampun dosa kecil'.

Do pray for the recovery of my pretty self ;)

2 comments:

Suri said...

yup. bilik tu mmg berantu.

sy dah fedap!

daydreambeliever said...

nad...kesian u...
get well soon...
xoxo

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...