Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Of Concerts and Noise-Induced Hearing Loss

How many concerts can you go before the NIHL starts kicking in?

Hrmmm, let's go through concerts (big scale, GangStarz doesn't count haha) I've been to:

1. Incubus
2. Hoobastank
3. Good Charlotte
4. Gwen Stefani
5. My Chemical Romance
6. Jason Mraz
7. Usher
8. Adam Lambert
9. Paramore (this was the most awesome so far)

So. The concerts were between 2004 to 2010. Of course, we'd need to consider distance, which was either at the mosh pit or the seats up above (cheap tix, what to do). Is my hearing deteriorating? Any notch at 4000Hz? I actually had temporary threshold shift during Adam Lambert's. That concert was crazy!

Just realized I haven't done any hearing test for myself this year. Will do it soon. How about you frequent-concert-goers out there?

No comments:

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...