Monday, July 13, 2009

Symptoms of Hearing Loss


If you experience any of these symptoms, do immediately seek an audiologist's consultation:

1. Not being able to understand others' speech - people seem to be mumbling when they are speaking

2. Misinterpreting what others say

3. Loss of confidence

4. Difficulty understanding conversation in group settings

5. Asking others to repeat themselves

6. Difficulty hearing television, radio and/or telephone

7. Difficulty hearing in public gatherings such as concert halls or theatres where sound sources are far away

Don't wait and see. Your hearing senses deserve better!

2 comments:

nad said...

hi there...
where can I go get my hearing checked up??
i did once at a government hospital but they said that everything was fine apart from the fact that i had an ear infection at the time.
but people around me often say that i always hear things differently from what people say or just plainly can't hear them. And when i read this post on your blog which i accidentally stumbled upon, i noticed that i suffer from all of the symptoms mentioned. it'll be a great help if you can tell me what to do.

tqvm

Nadirah Mannan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...