Sunday, July 13, 2008

The First Meeting (Finally!)

Friday, 11th of July was a significant date in my thesis history. I finally get to meet my supervisor! Mind you, co-supervisor. My main supervisor, the 'mother-of-audiology-in-Malaysia' to quote a certain clinical supervisor, had to attend a meeting at the last minute and re-scheduled my meeting with her with Dr Cila instead.
Nevertheless. It was a very fruitful meeting.
The night before the meeting I frantically put up a mediocre proposal for my supervisor's attention. I must say, I was thankful that she discussed about the thesis first before seeing a little bit of my proposal. I thought my proposal was an embarrassment, it was nowhere near what she and Dr Siti wanted. And she was very understanding on the fact that it was my first ever meeting.
So she set things straight for me and my thesis mate and gave very useful journals.
She advised to get as much literature support as possible, or in her own words, 'need to read more' and be critical of the journals read. Oh and get a larger thesis notebook (She actually showed her own collection of thesis notebooks that she had over the years. 'saje nak eksyen la tu', hehe just kidding Dr Cila! ;p).
The meeting got me quite motivated to do my best on the proposal presentation later on. But now... I am so bogged down with all the journals, I don't think I can read any more.
HeLp!

No comments:

Happy World Hearing Day!

Being an audiologist, I would drag my husband to do a hearing test whenever he doesn't listen to me. And each time, he proved me wrong w...